Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week Eleven

All the photography credit goes to Scott Visk. I just had the pleasure of editing these incredible photos.


I guess I kind of cheated this week but I've been wanting to use this photo for awhile...
God is doing some amazing things @ Harvest Bible Chapel Naperville. Back in February, some leaders from my church went down to Haiti for an exploratory trip. The church is going to be partnering with an orphanage/school/church in Haiti. We have this big NEXT Campaign going on right now...you should check it out here!

This photo just tugs at my heart. The look in this boy's eyes is striking. The facts are true. Take a minute and read the type and just take that in. Incredible and heart wrenching.
DAILY
THE AVERAGE HAITIAN CONSUMES
-6 ounces of clean water
THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CONSUMES
-67.6 ounces of drinking water
-1,484 ounces of clean water while bathing
-2,368 ounces of clean water flushing the toilet






i am getting really sick of self portraits, i feel like i lose so much creative control when i have to put the camera on a tripod. i i know i am learning a lot, but i guess i am just sick of editing pictures of myself.  i am still applying for schools and looking into more schools on the east coast now too, i am just looking forward to figuring all of this out and knowing where i am going to be.

-ty



This is Natalia. I've had the pleasure of working with her twice so far (and hopefully many more times in the future!) She's lovely and absolutely stunning. You can see the full series on my blog.

- Danièle



A selfie I took on my deck one warm afternoon this week. The weather has been amazing and I have a lot to look forward to right now. I am happy. 

Jenn 

 This is one of my friends, Morgan. My project will mostly be film now, which means that I might have to post two pictures a week in order to catch up, depending on how much time I have to pick up film that week. It's too stressful for me to shoot digital all the time because I don't like it that much.
-joe

No comments:

Post a Comment