Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week Seven



Yes these are my shoes, but more importantly, they are my culture.

Sincerely,
Matt Smith



this week was uncomfortable, everything about it. i don't know why i felt this way, i think i am just getting restless. i went out with my friend sydney and we shot for a couple of hours. it was great to reinvigorate how much love to take pictures and just to shoot with somebody other then my tripod. i hope this next week picks up a bit. i am a annoyed by how much this looks like my photo from last week, but this was my favorite picture from this week

ty






I decided I'm going to make a pros & cons list of this week instead of evaluating each part:

CONS: Tuesday my dog was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors found a bony mass tumor pressing on her brain, I cried almost everyday this week, 2 guitar strings broken & one bass battery dead

PROS: my mom was home all week, co-leading worship this weekend//love singing all sons & daughters [God was glorified and it was humbling], I ordered a Kelly Moore camera bag

P.S. I also really apologize for my effort in this project. I really haven't given it my all...and I'm really going to start working on that.



I'm back in Canberra. 

I saw La Dispute last night. It was amazing. We had a chat to Chad and Adam and Jordan afterwards and it was unreal.

Things at home are still a bit rough. It's like a bottle of sand and water was shaken until everything was blurry and nothing was certain. The bottle is still now, but the little sand particles are in the process of settling to the bottom, slowly clearing the water so sometime soon everything will be transparent again.


I've been in a weird space lately. Trying to stay grounded while avoiding things getting stagnant. 

I've been shooting more film lately, and this shot is from a roll I just got developed from this week. These carrots are from our winter farm share-- locally and organically grown!  I live in a big warm, musical house with six other people and we all like to cook a lot. 

jenn




This isn't a picture of me so I appologise. I've been extremely busy this past week, consistently getting only 4-5 hours of sleep per night so I couldn't really muster a fantastic picture. I guess this means I'm changing my project to a "mostly self portrait 52." This is my friend Connor.

- Christie

 My friend Natalie at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. It's by far the best art museum I have ever been to.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment